Time Tangled Island is a great early quest in Poptropica where you want to untangle the future by traveling into the past and finding certain items that have been lost. You may adventure to the different eras in any order that you like. The goal is to find lost items in certain time periods and then travel to other time periods to return them to their rightful owners. This quest is a little longer and more involved than some of the earlier islands in Poptropica. For one thing, you have to travel back and forth a lot!
When you first begin walk to the right and keep going until you reach a woman who is crying outside of Pendulum’s Lab. Click her and she will tell you about the mission.Follow her within the laboratory and then click on her to talk again. She will give you a mission printout that you can see in your items inventory.
To power up the Future Machine, walk left and down to find the power supply. Push it together to turn on it. Every time you want to use the machine, you may have to power it up again. Walk back to the door of the Future Machine, that will be pulsing blue, and click on it to enter.
The future will be in tatters. There’ll be an elderly version of you there. Talk to him / her and they’re going to give you a Time Machine that looks like a gold stopwatch.
You can go to the different eras and places in whatever order you want. The things people need will be concealed some other place in time. See tips for who desires what, where items are, and what special gear you can get.
When you have helped everyone, go back to the future. Use the hover tube and monorails to get to your future self’s SkyHome. There, talk to your future self and you’ll complete the mission and get the medal.
You can go to all the following time periods by clicking on the different images and then clicking on the knob on the left of the device.
- 2009 AD – Main Street
- 0328 BC – Ancient Greece
- 0831 AD – Vikings
- 1387 AD – Mali Empire
- 1516 AD – Da Vinci’s Workshop
- 1519 AD – Aztec Empire
- 1593 AD – Great Wall of China
- 1776 AD – The Graff House
- 1805 AD – Lewis and Clark
- 1877 AD – Edison’s Workshop
- 1882 AD – Statue of Liberty
- 1953 AD – Mount Everest
Who Needs What
- Ancient Greece: Golden Vase
- Vikings: Thor’s Amulet
- Mali Empire: Salt Rocks
- Da Vinci’s Workshop: Notebook
- Aztec Empire: Sun Stone Piece
- Great Wall of China: Stone Bowl
- The Graff House: Declaration of Independence
- Lewis and Clark: Peace Medal
- Edison’s Workshop: Phonograph
- Statue of Liberty: Statue Model
- Mount Everest: Climbing Goggles
Where Things Are
- Climbing Goggles: In the Aztec Empire. The guard will hand then over to you if you are wearing the Warrior’s Mask
- Statue Model: The top top of Mount Everest.
- Phonograph: On top of the treasury building in Ancient Greece. You’ve got to climb up onto the building that the Oracle is in. You’ll obtain it much easier if you use the Glider when getting it.
- Peace gong: Hanging on the pulley system in Da Vinci’s Workshop. First climb onto the middle platform, making the top one come closer so you can jump on it. Get on the top platform, you may go down but the bottom platform will come out. Jump on it and from there jump and try to touch the shiny silver circle. If you touch it, then you’ve got the Peace gong.
- Declaration of Independence: In the Mali Empire there will be a place called “Timbuktu Inn”. A document merchant is inside. Piece together a puzzle for him to get the Declaration.
- Stone Bowl: Go to Lewis and Clark’s campsite. There’s a tree that has “Clark was here” cut into it. Climb the tree and wait for a beaver to come out, he has the bowl on his head.
- Sun Stone Piece : On top of Edison’s Workshop. Go to the left and jump on the vehicle. Click the thing that lights up and the car will go and stop under the tree. Climb up the tree and onto the house.
- Notebook: Go to the Statue of liberty. Climb to the top platform of the wooden stilts. Jump left. You will land on a ledge. The Notebook is on the ledge below that.
- Salt Rocks: If you go to the Graff House and climb the tree, then jump onto the roof, they are in a bag right there.
- Thor’s amulet: Go to the Great Wall of China and pass the construction zone. A man will be wearing the amulet. If you beat him in a memory game he will give it to you.
- Golden Vase: Go to the Great Wall of China and take a barrel of explosives. Head over to where the Vikings are and get up onto the 1st cliff. Push the rock-pile and run. It should explode. Take the torch and go inside. You only have a little while before your torch goes out to find the vase. It will also go out if you step in water.
Costumes You Can Get
- warrior’s Mask: In the Aztec Empire there is an old soldier who wants to retire. Talk to him and he’ll give his mask to you.
- The Glider: Da Vinci gives it to you when you return his notebook to him.
- The Viking Suit: It’s laying on the 2nd cliff where the Vikings are, use the Glider to get there.