Cheats for Shrink Ray Island
Poptropica Shrink Ray Island is the 20th island on Poptropica. It arrived on June 30 for members and will be available to everyone else about a month later. In Shrink Ray Island, you are shrunk down to a tiny size and need to explore your surroundings while you try to locate a missing scientist and her shrink ray invention. Here’s a description of the island from the official Shrink Ray Island page.
A young genius has invented a ray gun that shrinks anything it touches – including you! But when the scientist and her invention go missing, you’ll have to keep the shrink ray from falling into the wrong hands, and find a way to bring yourself back to normal size. To solve a problem this big, you’ve got to think small!
Shrink Ray Island Cheats
Here is a step-by-step walkthrough of Shrink Ray Island with all the cheats and secrets for the adventure!
- When you arrive at Shrink Ray Island, go to the right to the fair building and inside find the door on the left that has a Science Fair door.
- Continue to go right till find a teacher with a mustache, he is a Mr. Silva and the two person on his right parents of CJ, they are worried to the student CJ is missing.
- Now go out to the building and proceed to the Avenue A on right and find the apartment of CJ.
- You can easily know their apartment because there is a cat standing outside the door. When you enter to the apartment, the cat will also go inside and you need to make him go out to the house.
- Follow the cat until it leaves the apartment. Now proceed to the computer table on the left side and when you do that a masked man will appear and make you shrink.
- Now jump above the drawer and try to go to the blower, turn on the blower and a thumb drive will be revealed under the bed. Pick it up and proceed to the right.
- You will be on the computer table again, if you look into the microscope beside the laptop, there is a note about a missing invention.
- Run to the right to get to the next part of the bedroom and then go right again to enter the living room. Watch out for the cat’s paw when you run past the living room door. Jump up in the air as you run past.
- Once you have entered to the room, you’ll see there’s a remote control on top of the refrigerator, but getting to the top is going to be more complicated than just jumping up on the fridge. You can try it but you won’t be able to get very far. You need to find another way.
- Run to the right and push the yellow sponge and jump up on the drawer. On the second drawer you will find a screwdriver. Then jump up onto the counter and run to the right to get to the next part of the kitchen.
- On the next site, there’s a piece of notepaper here that you need to get and it’s on the far right side on top of a table. Getting there is a bit tricky!
- First, push the rolling pin so that it knocks the teapot onto the other burner. Then run up and jump into the steam coming from the teapot. It will lift you up to the shelf and Push oil over onto its side so that it starts dripping out. Go down to the floor and then push the cat’s food bowl so that it’s under the dripping oil from above. Now jump back again on the counter and then find cat food bag and jump into it several times to make lots of food fall out. You should jump on it at least 4-5 times. The food and oil will stick together making a little stepping stool out of the cat food that you can use to get up on the table. Now go down again and push the cat food bowl to the right so that it is underneath the table. Jump up on top of the cat food and then up onto the table top. Walk to the right to pick up the piece of paper. Then before you go, pick up one of the purple grapes, which you’ll need for the next task.
- Go to the left side on the first part of the kitchen, bringing your grape, Jump up on the counter and run over to the toaster. Click on the plug to plug it into the socket.
Jump onto the toaster handle while holding the grape and stand there for a few seconds. The toaster will heat up and then the handle will pop up, sending you flying up into the air. You’ll land on a shelf with a spatula, a cup full of utensils, and a salt shaker.
- Push the saltshaker to the left until it is at the very end of the spatula handle. Then jump up onto the cup full of utensils and then jump to the right of the spatula and hold and wait for the saltshaker to fly back to the spatula and that will make you fly up in the air.
- You’ll then land on top of the refrigerator, where you can pick up the remote control.
- Now go down and head to the right till you find a track toy, use your screwdriver and you will obtain a battery, right above the track is a remote control, use the batter and jump off the green button, the TV will turn on. Jump above to its antenna and you will be electrified. Because of this you can stick on the balloons and jump to the portrait.
- Jump to the left and you will find a fish food, shake it 5-7 times so the fish in the aquarium wont eat you, turn the aquarium off and dive to the aquarium. Under it is the diary key.
- Once you got the key, turn on the aquarium and you will blow outside.
- Now go to the right and push the green and yellow sponge next to the Power Clean spray bottle on the floor. Jump on the sponge and then onto the top of the bottle. Finally, jump to the top of the garbage can and go inside it.
- Once inside, you need to solve a puzzle by moving certain objects, like tuna treats cat food cans and blocks of cheese. Objects that can be moved are clickable. First click on it, and then click on either the right or left green arrows to move it. Be careful: if you move an object that was holding up others you want to watch out that everything doesn’t fall on top of you! You goal is to get to the top right corner of the puzzle and get the Torn Page.
- Once you have the Torn Page, click on the green restart button in the lower left of your screen to leave quickly.
- Run left to leave the kitchen and head to the living room and head back to the CJ’s bedroom and find the next clue.
- Go left to CJ’s bedroom and then jump up on her desk. Use the thumb drive to put it in the computer. You’ll need to enter the password. The correct password is m4r13 cur13. Marie Curie is CJ’s hero and you should replace the “i” with 1′, the “a” with a 4 and the “e” with 3. The blueprints for the shrink ray gun will be uploaded.
- Jump up again to get on the shelf with the Rubik’s Cube and her green diary. Use the key in your backpack to open the diary. Then use the torn page to complete the ripped part of the diary and you’ll get a message from CJ. It sounds like the thief is close by!
- Now jump on the thermostat in the wall and make it spin to red so that the heat turns on.
- Jump down onto the desk and stand next to the microscope. Then use the piece of paper from your backpack to put it down on the desk. Jump up onto the lamp and then bounce up and down a few times to bring it down closer to the paper. When it won’t go down anymore, click the light switch to turn it on. The heat from the lamp reveals the secret message from CJ that was written in lemon juice on the paper. It says, “Look for me in the telescope. School coordinates.”
- Now go to the left to the next section of the bedroom. Knock over the wastepaper basket and a bunch of paper will fall out and then rise up in the air from the heat coming up through the vent. Use the papers as jumping platforms to get up on top of the bed. Then pick up the morse code key from the top of the bed. Jump over onto the telescope. Then stand on each dial and spin them to the following coordinates: x – 87 and y – 16.
- Now look through the telescope. CJ is inside the classroom at PS 101 and she’s sending you a message in Morse code. Use the key to decipher the message and click each letter as she sends them to you. The full message is: flush the thumb drive. Leave the bedroom and head for the bathroom.
- The goal is to get past the bathtub and over to the toilet so that we can flush the thumb drive. Run to the left and jump up on the drawer handles to reach the counter top. Jump onto the hair dryer and stand on the back end so that it tips up. Then click on the red button to turn it on. Leap into the stream of hot air and then you’ll end up on top of the shower curtain rod and move to the next part of the bathroom. Drop down onto the soap dish and push the bar of soap off to the right. Jump down into the tub. Go to the right and climb up the rope. Then stand on the faucet handle and run to spin it and turn the water on. The water will fill up the tub so you can swim over to the floating bar of soap. Jump onto the bar of soap and from there jump onto the rubber duck’s back. Now jump out of the tub to the left. Jump onto the red plunger and onto the stack of toilet paper. Then leap up to the toilet bowl. While standing on the bowl, use the thumb drive in your backpack to drop it inside. Next, jump to the flush handle to send the thumb drive on its merry way. Finally, head back the way you came to leave the bathroom.
- Now we need to get out of the apartment, which is going to be challenging because we’re still shrunken and the cat is still waiting outside. So, go all the way back to the telescope in CJ’s bathroom and set it to the same coordinates (87,16). Peek into it again and CJ has a new message for you. The new message reveals the villain. It reads, “Thief is Mr. Silva. Now we need to escape the apartment and rescue CJ!”
- Go back to the living room and take the battery out of the remote control. Then put it into the toy truck. Get in and drive the toy truck left into CJ’s bedroom.
- Get out of the truck and jump up onto CJ’s bookshelf. Go to the top where you’ll find a book called, Tess’s Tree by Jess M. Brallier. Push the book off the shelf to make it land and form a ramp that your truck can go over. Jump back down and get in the truck. Drive over the ramp and you’ll see a short cinematic where you drive up and through the glass window out into the street.
- Outside the street, you’ll start playing an easy overhead mini-game where you need to drive the truck down the street while avoiding obstacles. The ride lasts a little over a minute and it very easy to complete.
- You’ll end up inside the window of Mr. Silva’s office in the school. Run to the left and there’s CJ!
- But will try to Mr. Silva to shrink you into oblivion. Now you need to avoid the ray gun.
- Now, in this game you need to hide behind objects when the ray gun appears so that it shrinks the object instead of you. Move to the left across the floor. You can either pause behind each object or skip every other one (if you’re quick enough). If you get hit by the ray gun, you have to start over. You’re goal is go up to the table and hide to mirror and when Mr. Silva tries to shrink you this time, the shrink ray reflects off the mirror and hits him! He shrinks himself and falls into the ant farm jar, where he’s trapped!
- CJ will appears and tell you to flip the switch to grow. Walk over and click the switch and then you’ll both return to normal size.
- The next thing is you are back on the science fair and you get the island medallion for solving Shrink Ray Island. You did it!
Here is a video walkthrough that the people from PoptropicaSecrets made. It’s pretty good!
If you’re not a paid member and are still waiting for the island to arrive, you can play a special mini-game called Shrink Shot. In this game, you shoot yourself out of a cannon and fly around a room. You need to knock as many things over as you can and try to score lots of points. You can earn special items as you go that help you bounce even further.